Readdle has announced a new feature for its Scanner Pro app that creates automated expense reports. The feature is designed to help freelancers and small business owners save time and simplify operations.
With Scanner Pro, you can scan your receipts and the app will capture all key information from your receipts and automatically create reports.
How It Works:
1. Instead of the tedious process of typing all the details into an Excel spreadsheet, Scanner Pro automatically captures all key information from your receipts needed to build an expense report. This includes the date, vendor, amount, tax, currency, and type (food, hotel, gas, flight, etc).
2. You no longer need to wait to get to your computer to submit an expense report. The creation, editing, and sharing takes minutes and can be easily done between two client meetings.
3. With a simple and quick app, Scanner Pro gets you into the habit of scanning receipts as soon as you get them, so there’s less chance of losing a receipt or them fading. (This could lead to more communication with the vendor or not getting your money altogether.)
4. After scanning all of your financial data can be safely backed up in your iCloud for 3 or 7 years by scanning all the receipts in itemized format. This way Scanner Pro minimizes any risks or financial losses, should an IRS audit occur.
5. Have control and visibility over expenses, keeping track of any business spending.
6. Create professional-looking and easy-to-read expense report PDFs docs, that you can share instantly with clients and your team.
How to Use:
1. In the upper right corner of the app, tap on the drop-down menu and select the “Expense Report” option. expense-report-menu
2. Select all the receipts you want to be included in the expense report and tap the “Continue” button.
3. Scanner Pro automatically captures all key information from your receipts, including date, vendor, amount, tax, currency, and type (restaurant, accommodation, travel, etc). Double-check the report and make any necessary changes, if needed. Do this by tapping the “Edit” button.
4. Tap the “Share” button. That’s it, your expense report is ready to be shared.
You can download Scanner Pro from the App Store at the link below.